Complete Vehicle Ride and Handling performance characterization including technical reports and datasets.
|3 series (G20)
|Inertia tensor and COG
|Steering and Handling
|Stability (ISO Lane Change)
Guido TosolinSenior Manager of Chassis Development and Vehicle Dynamics
Full Vehicle Characterization
The characterization of a complete vehicle is possible thanks to the contribution of different teams of experts that master specific technical aspects and related testing activities. The activities carried out include:
- Suspension kinematics and compliance
- Full vehicle centre of gravity and inertia measurement
- Ride and handling, including steering assistance maps
- Powertrain and brake system performance mapping
- Components measurement: damper, springs
- IDIADA characterizes and builds tyre models using world-class facilities and tools such as test trailers, rolling drums and static force measurement benches.
- All vehicles include MF-Tyre models generated by IDIADA or trusted partners that are refined during the correlation with complete vehicle models.
- Cosin Ftire models and CD Tires are optional.
All IDIADA models are validated in three steps:
- Off-line correlation of kinematics and compliance.
- Off-line correlation of ride and handling through systematic comparison of simulation data and objective measurement data
- Subjective sign-off by expert drivers based on a back-to-back comparison using IDIADA DiM 250 driving simulator and real vehicle driving on IDIADA’s test tracks and open roads.
> 100 full
vehicle test cases
> 30 system and
component test cases
>90% correlation level
in most relevant KPIs
>10 test tracks used for
ride and handling characterization