Complete Vehicle Dynamics model generated from extensive testing on one physical vehicle. All testing activities are conducted by IDIADA or by IDIADA’s trusted partners to guarantee IDIADA standards in model definition and correlation.
|Goodyear Eagle F1
|Mass and inertia
|Steering and Handling
|Stability (ISO Lane Change)
Guido TosolinSenior Manager of Chassis Development and Vehicle Dynamics
Full Vehicle Characterization
The characterization of a complete vehicle is possible thanks to the contribution of different teams of experts that master specific technical aspects and related testing activities. The activities carried out include:
- Suspension kinematics and compliance
- Full vehicle centre of gravity and inertia measurement
- Ride and handling, including steering assistance maps
- Powertrain and brake system performance mapping
- Components measurement: damper, springs
- IDIADA characterizes and builds tyre models using world-class facilities and tools such as test trailers, rolling drums and static force measurement benches.
- All vehicles include MF-Tyre models generated by IDIADA or trusted partners that are refined during the correlation with complete vehicle models.
- Cosin Ftire models and CD Tires are optional.
All IDIADA models are validated in three steps:
- Off-line correlation of kinematics and compliance.
- Off-line correlation of ride and handling through systematic comparison of simulation data and objective measurement data
- Subjective sign-off by expert drivers based on a back-to-back comparison using IDIADA DiM 250 driving simulator and real vehicle driving on IDIADA’s test tracks and open roads.
> 100 full
vehicle test cases
> 30 system and
component test cases
>90% correlation level
in most relevant KPIs